Employee Spotlight: Andrew Knutson
Say "Hi!" to Andrew, everyone!Everyone say "Hello!" to our Reconstruction Project Coordinator, Andrew Knutson! Andrew has been an excellent addition to our rapidly expanding Reconstruction Division.This has been the biggest Q1 in our history and Andrew has done a superb job hopping right into our busy business. He continues to help streamline processes that enable us to run smoother projects for our clients!We're very fortunate to have you, Andrew!
Learn more about Andrew below!
– Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
My first job was in the library in my hometown. I love books, so I found that job to be very interesting.
– Favorite travel spot?
I really enjoyed Dublin! I hope to go back someday.
– How do you define success?
I think success in pursuit of a goal is excellence. When you set out to achieve a goal, strive for perfection, but settle for excellence.
– If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
Somebody short enough to fit into a Formula 1 car, anyone driving in F1 today really.
– If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?
– How has SERVPRO helped you in your career development?
By showing me a clear path forward, SERVPRO is growing rapidly and having the ability to grow with it is an amazing opportunity.
– If you could pick one theme for SERVPRO to turn into a book about the company, what would it be?
Perseverance. We set expectations highly for ourselves and I think it’s important to keep pushing in the right direction all the time in order to meet those expectations.
– If you could switch your job with anyone else within SERVPRO, whose job would you want?
I’d like to swap with Aimee for a while, I’ve always been interested in the sales route.
– What advice do you have for prospective SERVPRO candidates?
Don’t be afraid to admit when you’ve made a mistake, just learn from it, and let it make you better!
– What are 3 words to describe SERVPRO
Hardworking. Teamwork. Fun.
– What do you find the most challenging at SERVPRO?
There are a lot of moving parts, prioritizing tasks is my biggest challenge day-to-day.
– What do you like most about SERVPRO?
– What drew you to SERVPRO originally? And how has SERVPRO changed since?
The fact that it was a growing business, and still is! I love the opportunity help that growth. I haven’t been here for very long, but I’d like to think that we’ve gotten more efficient in the short time that I’ve been here.
– What has been your favorite project at SERVPRO?
I’ve been fortunate in having been put into a fairly new role. I have enjoyed making it my own and developing the idea of what a project coordinator does.
– What have you gained from working at SERVPRO?
I’ve learned so much about the industry in just a few months, it’s really been a crash course into the insurance and reconstruction world.
– What is on your wish list for the next 10 years with SERVPRO?
I’d love to see how far we can take the RECON division; in 10 years I’d love to see us become the largest RECON division in the country.
– What is the favorite part about working for SERVPRO?
Again, the people. I love coming to work with coworkers that I enjoy being around.
– What is your proudest moment at SERVPRO?
Anytime I’m able to anticipate a problem before it comes up, solving problems before they become problems.
– What is your role at SERVPRO?
Reconstruction Project Coordinator
– Any favorite line from a movie?
Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds with a horrible Italian accent – “Gorlami”
– Any random facts you could share with us?
Whales have regional accents and dialects.
– Are you messy or organized?
I like to think I’m pretty organized.
– Best vacation you’ve been to?
Ireland by far!
– Choose your Mr. Men/Little Miss, to describe your work personality? – Your home life personality?
I honestly have no idea what Mr. Men/Little Miss means, but I’m pretty laid back outside of work.
– Describe what you were like at age 10.
I was very adventurous and loved to climb things. I was prone to injuring myself by falling out of a tree.
– Do you have a favorite newspaper, blog?
I listen to a sailing podcast called “On the Wind Sailing” regularly. That would be the closest thing I’d say.
– Do you have a favorite quote?
“You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together” – Anthony Bourdain
– Do you have an office nickname? What is it?
Not really. Jeff calls me AK, but he has a nickname for everyone.
– Do you recall any embarrassing moment at work?
Thankfully, I’ve not been here long enough to do anything profoundly embarrassing. Though I’m sure my time will come.